Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Proposal in the cage: Baker scores KO and fiancee at Bellator 43

Now that's a night! Bryan Baker continued to climb up the middleweight ladder by destroying veteran Joe Riggs at Bellator 43 in Newkirk, Ok. The 25-year-old followed that up by winning Megan Vargas' hand in marriage.

"My heart is just doing back-flips right now," Baker told Sherdog. "I can't express how much this girl cares for me and how much I love her. I want to give world to her. That cage is hers as much as it is mine. We're going to conquer it together. There are a lot of good things in store for us."

Baker (15-2) drilled Riggs (34-13) with left hook at 3:53 of the second round to gain his way into Bellator's Season 5 middleweight tournament set to begin in the fall.

The last year has been a rollercoaster ride for Baker, who's battling chronic myelogenous leukemia.

"It's taken me into areas I could have never imagined," Baker told MMADieHards.� "From all different angles, whether it be telephone or emails or Facebook.� My doctor was talking with this patient who had testicular cancer and he heard my story, and he's a fighter as well.� We connected with him and it's been crazy how much of an inspiration shined through.� I want to continue that.� It's a blessing that I have the responsibility to show people that no matter what your body may endure or trials you go through in life, you're able to correct it to the fullest.� Its crazy that I can affect people in so many different ways"

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Proposal-in-the-cage-Baker-scores-KO-and-fiance?urn=mma-wp2083

Richie Ginther Andre Amade Kevin Michael Harvick William Clyde Elliott Randy Joseph Lajoie Jimmy Button Michael Annett

No comments:

Post a Comment