Monday, July 25, 2011

UFC 135 hype begins with good trash talk between Jones and ?Rampage?

Where's the hook? Some fans may have asked that question when the Jon Jones-Quinton "Rampage" Jackson fight was announced for UFC 135.

After watching today's press conference in Denver, there's certainly some great angles we'll be discussing before the October fight - Old vs. young, washed up vs. overhyped along with who's cockier?

Rampage brought his top notch trash talking skills to Denver. He got off some doozies which included mocking Jones (GIF) for his unorthodox staredown.

Jackson said Jones reminds him of his former reality show adversary Rashad Evans.

"Him and Rashad got something in common. They're both really cocky. I'm confident, very confident in myself. There's a difference. Last time I was this confident, I knocked someone [Chuck Liddell] out in the first round and got that belt," Jackson said during the prefight press conference right outside the Pepsi Center . "I've been working hard, training and doing all the right things, all the stuff I need to be doing. That belt's coming back to me, for real."

Jackson also tried to diminish the Jones' win that got him the UFC light heavyweight title.

"I just have to say, straight up, I respect you dog. I do think you are the future of MMA, straight-up. I'm keeping it real. But you fought [Mauricio] 'Shogun' Rua when he was rusty as hell. He hadn't fought for a year. He had like two knee surgeries."

Jones suggested there will also be excuses from folks after he beats Jackson.

"He didn't fight the PRIDE Rampage, he fought the movie-star Rampage, so there will always be excuses," said Jones.

Then Jackson went on the offensive over being called old by some fans and media.

"I'm only 33. Goodness. You all act like I'm Randy Couture's decrepit old ass, Jackson said. "You know, if I have to represent the old school, I guess I'll represent them. I guess I'm old school, but with old school comes a lot of experience. He's the youngest champion, but I think [Jones is] the least experienced champion in UFC history."

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/UFC-135-hype-begins-with-good-trash-talk-between?urn=mma-wp4830

InternationalTrucks com Chevrolet John van den Berk Keith Greene GEICO Toyota Ralph Dale Earnhardt Sr AMP Energy National Guard Chevrolet Cash America Chevrolet

No comments:

Post a Comment