Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Anthony Johnson: 'I Just Needed to Win' Against Dan Hardy

Filed under:

Remember when Anthony Johnson said there was "absolutely no chance" he and Dan Hardy would go to the ground in their fight at UFC Fight Night 24? Yeah, well. About that.

Johnson spent most of the three rounds either taking Hardy down or grinding away at him from the top position, turning what had seemed like a slugfest on paper into a grappling match in the cage. It might not have been the most popular decision he could have made, but it resulted in a unanimous decision win for "Rumble," so you can't argue with the results.

"I knew I could bang with him," Johnson said at Saturday night's post-fight press conference. "That was no problem. I knew I could do that, but I knew his weakness was his wrestling, and I know that's one of my strengths. I just took it to my advantage and used it."

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/27/anthony-johnson-i-just-needed-to-win-against-dan-hardy/

Boudreaux s Butt Paste Chevrolet Teuvo Länsivuori Matt Andersen Russell William Wallace Jr Raybestos Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment