Saturday, June 23, 2012

Michelle Pfeiffer Talks Career & Family with Fairlady July 2012

With her new movie "People Like Us" set to hit theaters on June 29th, Michelle Pfeiffer amped up promotions by landing the cover of the July 2012 issue of Fairlady magazine.

The 54-year-old actress looked elegant in a Hugo Boss blouse for the Merwe shot spread while opening up about topics such as her career, family and her biggest critic.

Highlights from Miss Pfeiffer's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Fairlady!

On why she never watches her own films:
"I'm just so critical. I'm always expecting perfection and then end up disappointed and embarrassed. For many years, when I had to watch my films [at premiers], I'd finish and I'd realize I'd stopped breathing."

On having to prove she wasn't just another pretty face early in her career:
"I was pretty lucky. I didn't have to fight that struggle for long. 'Married to the Mob' was a critical turning point for me. I was so surprised [director] Jonathan [Demme] gave me the opportunity to play the part. He was able to see past how I looked and trust that I could create this other woman, because there was nothing really in my body of work that would've given him an inkling I could do that. All of a sudden, I couldn't really be pigeonholed anymore."

On having to balance her career and family:
"I think all women who work and have families struggle with that. I'm such a control freak, and I was able to juggle a lot until I had my first child. It was such a ride awakening for me, It was the first time in my life I couldn't do everything. I realized at that point that a person could have it all, but they can't do it all. That was a really hard adjustment for me. But there's nothing more unpredictable and harder and humbling than being a parent."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/michelle-pfeiffer/michelle-pfeiffer-talks-career-family-fairlady-july-2012-678937

Lucas di Grassi M and M s Toyota Z Line Toyota Jason Leffler Jacques Laffite Phoenix Construction Chevrolet Willie Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment